Dye sublimation is a method of applying ink to an entire garment. You can send us a garment design or we will propose a design for you using your logo(s) and colours. The design proof is sent to you to check and approve.
You can design your own sublimated garment using our Design Lab, then submit your design to us for a quote.
Dye Sublimation Method
White fabric is used to apply the design to, cut into the pattern sections of your chosen garments. The design is applied to special paper. The paper is then applied to the garment and pressed under high temperature, which transfers the design to the fabric in a permanent application. The pattern pieces of the garment are then stitched together to complete the garment.
Advantages of Dye Sublimation
- Decorate the whole garment – front, back and sleeves – for maximum impact.
- Create something completely unique that no other organisation will be wearing.
- Permanent application of full colour, digital quality design.
- Garment and logo colours can be exactly matched to your brand.
- Easy to wash and care for, no ironing of garments required.
- Sublimation can only be done on polyester garments.
- It cannot be done on ready-made garments, plain white fabric has to be the base.
- Minimum quantities apply, usually 25 units for polos and t-shirts. Smaller quantities are possible for specialist sportswear such as netball dresses.
- As garments are custom-made, sublimation takes longer than other methods of decoration. Allow a minimum of 4 weeks for air freight or 6-7 weeks for sea freight.
Dye Sublimation Cost
Sublimation prices are for the whole garment and depend on the garment type and the quantity ordered. The higher the quantity of garments the lower the unit price. Send your logo or garment design to us along with the quantity required for a sublimation price quote. Set up is free of charge for up to two designs/changes.