Dye sublimation is a method of applying ink to an entire garment. You can send us a garment design or we will propose a design for you using your logo(s) and colours. The design proof is sent to you to check and approve.
Dye Sublimation Method
The design is applied onto white fabric that is then cut into the pattern pieces of your chosen garments. The design is printed onto special paper, which is then applied to the garment and pressed under high temperature. This transfers the design to the fabric in a permanent application. The pattern pieces of the garment are then cut out and stitched together to complete the garment.
Dye Sublimation Cost
The price of digital heat transfer depends on the size of the logo and the quantity of garments. The higher the quantity of garments, the lower the unit price of the transfer. Send your logo to us for a transfer price quote. There is usually no set-up fee for larger orders.
- Decorate the whole garment – front, back and sleeves – for maximum impact
- Create something completely unique that no other organisation will be wearing
- Permanent application of full colour, digital quality design
- Garment and logo colours can be exactly matched to your brand
- Easy to wash and care for, no ironing of garments required
- Sublimation can only be done on polyester garments
- It cannot be done on ready-made garments, plain white fabric has to be the base
- Minimum quantities apply, usually 25 units for polos and t-shirts
Smaller quantities are possible for specialist sportswear such as netball dresses
As garments are custom-made, sublimation takes longer than other methods of decoration – allow a minimum of 4 weeks for air freight or 6-7 weeks for sea freight